Workshop & Production Manager
If you're not familiar with what we do at Mekanika check it out here.
We are looking for a Workshop Manager who will be responsible for the smooth running of operations in our production workshop.
1/ Plan and monitor the order schedule
- Draw up a production schedule based on customer orders
- Prioritise the allocation of the workshop's human resources
- Ensure that the production stages of an order are respected
- Ensure that production orders (MO in ERP) are kept up to date on a daily basis
2/ Ensure that the workspace is operational
- Ensure that cleaning is carried out at regular intervals
- Ensure that printing tools and systems are in good condition
- Monitor physical stock levels and report impending shortages to the Purchasing Manager
- Ensure that preparation lines are always supplied to avoid stock-outs
3/ Checking and implementing quality procedures
- Ensure that picking methods are clear and up-to-date
- Ensure that the methods are followed by the operators
- Ensure that products are labelled correctly
- Use error data to implement continuous improvement and avoid future errors
- Use ERP to check stock levels
4/ Liaise between production and other departments
- Ensure that the schedule is understood by all and that requirements are communicated
- Ensure that the workload is correctly distributed between operators
- Represent the production team to other departments
- Communicate effectively with people inside and outside the team
5/ Prepare orders with the team
- Do picking and set the example
- Assemble electronic control units
We’re looking for a highly motivated individual, with proven experience and a high level of creativity, ready to involve herself/himself in an exciting and growing company.
Our team is young - with a median age of 32 - and we have a very committed but flexible work culture. We are a team of curious and creative people with good communication skills.
We’re looking for someone that has the following skill set :
- A sociable and flexible profile, eager to learn and work with the rest of the team
- 2 to 3 years' experience in a similar role
- A keen interest in manufacturing, machinery and production, and a desire to acquire technical knowledge related to our business.
- Excellent command of FR (spoken and written). EN is a plus.
What we offer
- Full-time contract, based in Brussels (close to the Anderlecht station, easy access by bike, public transport, or car).
- Competitive salary and package.
- 25 days of annual leave
- Ability to quickly make a difference within the company and grow with us.
- Access (and encouragement) to learn and use Mekanika’s machine park for personal projects.
- Starting ASAP.